Congratulations to our new Alumni Members!!!! I am so excited that you are taking advantage of your first year of free dues as an Alumni member of LKS. As an Alumni member, LKS will still support you as you develop your skills as a new Pharmacist. We have Alumni Sisters that are just waiting to support and guide you through your next stage in life professionally. I also encourage you to get involved with your local Alumni Chapter or if you don’t have a local Alumni chapter near you, I am here to help you start or reactivate an alumni chapter in your area. Please make sure to share this information with your sisters that you are currently in contact with that may not have activated their alumni membership. They can complete this Graduate Alumni Form by clicking on this link, complete this online form.
Convention is here!!! Are you ready to meet us in Milwaukee, WI on July 31st – August 3rd? I am excited and can’t wait to see each of you.
I hope you enjoy this edition of our Alumni News and don’t forget to send me your updates, questions or your requests by emailing me at GVPAlumni@lks.org.
Lu Shawna Lawson
Grand Vice President for Alumni
2019 LKS National Convention
July 31 – August 3, 2019
This year’s LKS convention will be held at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Summary of Events
Wednesday, July 31, 2019
- Pre-Convention Excursion to the Harley Davidson Museum, Milwaukee Public Market and the Miller Brewery Tour. (casual attire)
- Welcome Reception (casual attire, Convention T-shirt)
Thursday, August 1, 2019
- Continental Breakfast
- Business Session #1
- Poster Presentations
- Lunch with Keynote Speaker: Kim Novak “Do the Right Thing: It Matters”
- Continuing Education provided by our very own Sisters (you pick 2 of the 3 topics)
- Christina Inteso PharmD, BCACP. “Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)”
- Starlin Haydon-Greatting, RPH. “Diversity & Unconscious Bias Workshop”
- Michael VanLaanen, PharmD, PCPS, CACP. “Review of Antithrombotic Therapy, Focus on Safety in Pregnancy”
- Blue and Gold Dinner (LKS Colors and cause attire)
Friday, August 2, 2019
- Continental Breakfast
- Leadership Program
- Lamb Talks/Table Topics
- Business Session #2
- Dinner Cruise (casual attire, bring a jacket)
Saturday, August 3, 2019
- HOPE WaLKS Event
- Alumni Conference
- Ewe can Shop with Lunch
- Continuing Education provided by our very own Sister, Leigh Briscoe-Dwyer, PharmD. “Leading From the Bench: Things I Didn’t Learn in Pharmacy School”
- Business Session #3
- President’s Reception (invitation only)
- Group Photo
- Banquet and Trust Dessert Reception/After Party with champagne toast (cocktail dresses, formal wear, suits for men)
What’s New with Ewe?
Nicole Netemeyer (Alpha Zeta Alumni) is engaged to Nick Flanigan.
Congrats to Sara K. Brown (Alpha Iota Alumni) for accepting a staff pharmacist position at the Meijer Pharmacy located inside of Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital in downtown Grand Rapids. This is where she and Erik will start their new lives together.
Tiffany Vicars (Alpha Nu Alumni) had a live audition for Jeopardy on May 30, 2019 in Nashville, TN. Wishing Tiffany best of luck.
Kellie Arensman (Nu Alumni Chapter) is engaged to Ryan Hannan. Congratulations on your engagement.
Jen Baric (Omicron Alumni) closed on her first house. Congratulations on being a new homeowner!!!
Jenny Brandt (Epsilon Alumni) was recognized by the DC Hospital Association for the work that she worked on with a group for C Diff. PI project.
Sharon Brown (Alumni At Large) celebrated 30 years of marriage to Jeff Brown. Congratulations on this huge milestone!!!!
Shawna & Dan Sprengeler welcomed Harleigh Jean Sprengeler into this world on June 22, 2019 at 1:44 am weighing 7 pounds 11 ounces and 22.5 inches long. Congratulations to the new parents.
Robyn Lowe (Alpha Zeta Alumni) married Jonathan Nading on June 9, 2019 .
Robyn Lowe (Alpha Zeta Alumni) donated stem cells on July 10, 2019!
Bre Johnstone (Omicron Alumni) Congratulations on your exciting news of completing two years of post-graduate training at New York Presbyterian, accepting your new job as an inpatient pharmacy operations manager at Baptist Hospitals of Southeast Texas-Beaumont Hospital in Beaumont, Texas and for passing the BCPS exam. Way to go!!
Abbey Kirwen (Alpha Mu Collegiate New Grad) is engaged to Rami Barazi as of July 13, 2019.
Kelsey Overfield (Alpha Pi Alumni) is engaged to Mike Schrader. Congratulations on your engagement.
If something has happened to you, big or small, please let me know. New job? New home? A baby? Engagement? Something serious? Something funny? Send it to me! Send a picture too, if you can. You can send it to GVPAlumni@lks.org.
I am looking forward to hearing from you!